Finance And Administration Manager
The Institute of Marine Affairs (IMA) is a statutory body governed by the IMA Act Chap 37:01. The IMA is required to conduct research on the marine and related environment of Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean and to provide an advisory service to the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The Institute invites applications for the position of:
Finance And Administration Manager
The successful candidate would be responsible for effective management and control of the financial and administrative systems at the IMA. Areas of oversight include fixed asset monitoring, accounts payable, budgeting, cash management, financial reporting, group pension plan and couriers. This position reports directly to the Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates, implements and monitors the Institute’s Finance and Administrative Department’s policy, strategic plan and standards in alignment with overall accounting best practices, organizational policies and procedures.
- Designs management and cost accounting procedures as well as appropriate reporting systems including forms, documents, schedules, statements and returns. Also ensure information is readily available to management for timely decision-making.
- Advises on all matters related to finance and accounting at the Institute.
- Develops, implements and reviews the annual work programmes and plans for the department.
- Manages respective staff including supervision, scheduling, training and evaluation of performance, based on key performance indicators (KPIs). Ability to provide leadership and motivation to supervised staff.
- Prepares the annual operating budget for the department and Institute and monitor and approve expenditure within delegation of authority.
- Ensures timely preparation and submission of Annual Revenue and Expenditure Budgets for the Ministry in accordance with approved format and time schedule.
- Prepares appropriation accounts and other financial statements for audits and other statutory purposes.
- Conducts reviews of the Institute’s accounting system and operations to ensure compliance with standards of financial.
- Other related duties as determined by the Director
The successful candidate must have:
- Qualifications in Accounting and/or Finance and professional accounting designation such as ACCA, CIMA or equivalent. Possession of an MBA in Financial Management will be a definite asset.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ post graduate experience in Finance and Accounting environment in a senior supervisory capacity.
- Working knowledge of Government Financial Administration, accounting standards, NIS requirements, Board of Inland revenue and other statutory requirements.
- Experience in Government accounting methods, budgeting and reporting.
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Public Sector Investment Programme would be an asset.
- Working knowledge in International donor funded reporting and accounting would also be an asset.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to supervised staff.
- Experience in managing multiple assignments.
- Proficiency with computers and financial software packages, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Peachtree.
The position would be offered on contract for a period of three (3) years. The Finance and Administrative Manager reports to the Director.
Application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae,
including the names of three (3) referees, should be submitted no later than 7 May 2018 to:
Secretary, Board of Governors,
Institute of Marine Affairs
P O Box 3160, Carenage Post office
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
Unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged.
The Institute of Marine Affairs is an agency in the Ministry of the Planning and Development.
There are currently no vacancies available.