Have you ever dived underwater to look at the natural beauty that are coral reefs?
Well look no further!
The Institute of Marine Affairs (IMA) is proud to present ‘Beyond the Blue’,
a Marine Environmental Exhibition that takes place from Tuesday 17th
to Thursday 19th
of September 2019 at NALIS, in Port of Spain. Designed to raise awareness on the vital importance of our marine ecosystems and environment, the Exhibition aims to engage, inspire and influence visitors to step up and heed the call to action to protect and save our marine environment.
- Learn about the marine environment through interactive exhibits that create an underwater/immersive experience;
- Take an underwater journey into the splendid yet fragile coral reef gardens in Tobago with the use of Virtual Reality;
- Observe how mangroves act as natural defences against storm surges and coastal erosion with the aid of a mechanical model;
- View illustrative artefacts that portray the indigenous fauna of our marine spaces; and
- Listen to informative presentations on sustainable fisheries for food security and marine conservation our defence against marine pollution and climate change.
While secondary school students are the main, all are welcome. You may seek advice from experts as they explore career options in the field of marine environmental science. And after the Exhibition experience, students have the chance to win either an iPad, TTD 1000 in units or two tickets to Tobago courtesy Coastal Dynamics Limited, The Unit Trust Corporation and Caribbean Airlines Limited.
You may also take a selfie with friends and colleagues as you leave the exhibition space.
SAVE THE DATE
: 17th-19th SEPTEMBER 2019!
You can register below as well.