The Institute of Marine Affairs (IMA) is a statutory body governed by the IMA Act Chap 37:01. The IMA is required to conduct research on the marine and related environment of Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean and to provide an advisory service to the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The Institute invites applications for the position of:
The successful candidate would be required to collect, process, develop and analyse spatial data and information for a diverse range of environmental projects; create and maintain GIS databases and assist with the ongoing development and maintenance of geospatial products to meet internal and/or external customer needs; conduct remotely sensed analysis for the development of products.
- Gather and utilise information to ensure digital format of maps are current.
- Create and maintain GIS databases.
- Assist with the ongoing development and maintenance of geospatial products to meet internal and/or external customer needs.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Geomatics/Geography/Environmental Studies.
- Proficient in ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro.
- A background in GNSS surveys and processing would be an asset.
- Experience in conducting research would be an asset.
Application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae,
including the names of three (3) referees, should be submitted no later than July 30, 2021 to:
The Human Resource and Industrial Relations Manager
Institute of Marine Affairs
P.O. Box 3160, Carenage Post Office
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies