The Institute of Marine Affairs (IMA) is a statutory body governed by the IMA Act Chap 37:01. The IMA is required to conduct research on the marine and related environment of Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean and to provide an advisory service to the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The Institute invites applications for the position of:
INTERNAL AUDIT ASSISTANT
Under the supervision of the Internal Auditor the incumbent will conduct various audits and reviews in accordance with accepted professional standards to determine the adequacy of internal controls, efficiency of the policies and procedures and to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Carry out the assigned audits following the approved audit plan, including any designated tasks or projects.
- Document and evaluate the adequacy of the internal control systems by identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct audit testing in line with budgeted timeframes and identify areas of risk and non-compliance.
- Prepare and document audit working papers in accordance with professional auditing standards.
- Draft audit reports documenting the findings and recommendations for submission to the Internal Auditor.
- Follow up on the implementation of corrective actions.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Internal Auditor.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- ACCA Applied Knowledge (Level 1/ Foundation) and Applied Skills (Level 2/ Professional) must be completed. In addition, the Ethics and Professional Skills Module must be completed.
- Auditing qualifications (CIA and/or CISA) will be considered an asset.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in undertaking professional audits encompassing accounting and/or fiscal compliance, operational and financial audits.
- Knowledgeable in the principles and practices of risk assessment; international accounting and auditing standards and their application to financial and operational systems.
- Experience in drafting of audit reports is essential.
- Knowledge of Exchequer and Audit Ordinances and the financial regulations and instructions.
- Strong ability to work on multiple tasks or assignments.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and confidentiality
Application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than November 19, 2021 to: email:
Applicants should be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and must be able to show proof of being fully vaccinated.