The Institute of Marine Affairs (IMA) is a statutory body governed by the IMA Act Chap 37:01. The IMA is required to conduct research on the marine and related environment of Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean and to provide an advisory service to the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The Institute invites applications for the temporary position of:
HUMAN RESOURCES AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MANAGER
The successful candidate would be responsible for the recruitment, compensation, bargaining unit negotiations, union relations, and HR Information Services function so as to facilitate the achievement of established Human Resource and Industrial Relations Management goals and objectives of the organization. The HRIR Manager will also provide overall management and coordination of the activities of professional and other services within the Institute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate, implement and monitor the HRIR vision, policy, strategic plan and standards in alignment with overall best practices, organizational policies and procedures to support the Institute’s strategic objective and plan.
- Provide advice on complex HR and IR management, organizational and strategic issues.
- Directing, developing and coordinating activities such as change management, HR Planning, performance management and training and development, and evaluating the HRIRM services provided and effecting necessary changes.
- Manage HR/IR Staff and prepare the annual operating budget for the HRM department and monitor and approve expenditure within delegation of authority.
- Participate in or preside over meetings and discussions with representatives of departments, recognized associations /unions in respect to negotiations, grievances, and other matters relating to HRM.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, proposals, circulars and other documents in order to assess quality and accuracy of content and make appropriate recommendations.
- Other related duties as determined by the Director
The successful candidate must have:
- Post-graduate degree in Human Resource Management and an undergraduate degree in Social Sciences
- Certification in Industrial Relations would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience performing duties in one or more of the functional areas of human resource management, including at least five (5) years’ at a managerial level.
The position would be offered on contract for a period of three (3) years. The Human Resource Manager reports to the Director.
Application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae,
including the names of three (3) referees,
should be submitted no later than 31st August 2022, to:
Secretary, Board of Governors,
Institute of Marine Affairs
P O Box 3160, Carenage Post office
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
Unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged.
The Institute of Marine Affairs is an agency in the
Ministry of Planning and Development.